FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Please don’t hesitate to contact us if you have any further questions.
The registration process requires Internet connection. Please check the following:
- The computer is connected to the Internet.
- The installation program is allowed to access the Internet.
- The firewall is not blocking the Internet traffic.
Please make sure you typed your e-mail address correctly.
Please check your e-mail account to make sure you are not already registered.
- If you are able to find a “Welcome” e-mail from Gestoos in your inbox, that means you already registered (make sure you also check the Spam folder). In that case, please use the option “I am already a registered user” in the installer.
- If you cannot find any “Welcome” e-mail from Gestoos, please contact us at email@example.com
The installation could fail because of different reasons. Please check the following:
- Ensure that you have enough free space (XXX Mb) available in the hard drive where you are trying to install Gestoos.
- Check that the target folder location exists and has write permission. In case you want to install Gestoos in the “Program Files” folder, please make sure you have granted admin privileges to the installer application.
Hover the profile icon at the top-right corner of Gestoos Community site. From the dropdown menu select “Activation Key”.
In this page you can see a textbox indicating the activation key of your account.
Run the SDK installer in the new computer but at the registration step click on “already have an account”. Introduce your SDK account activation key and follow the installation steps.
Run the SDK installer as if it was the first time but at the registration page click on”already have an account”. Introduce your SDK account activation key and follow the installation steps. If the computer hardware has not changed this procedure will reuse the previous activation you had on this computer.
If reinstalling the SDK consumes an extra activation contact us to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will provide assistance.
- Please wait few minutes in order to take into consideration possible delays on our mail server.
- Please check the “Spam” folder in the e-mail account you provided during the registration process.
- If you still can’t find any welcome e-mail, try to reset your password using the “Forgot password?” option. If the system says the username does not exist, this means you probably misspelled your e-mail address during registration. In that case, please register again making sure you type your e-mail address correctly.
If you forgot your password, you can generate a new one by clicking on the “Forgot password?” link in the login page. You just need to provide your username and check your e-mail inbox; you will receive an e-mail with the instructions to create a new password for your account.
Your username is the e-mail you provided during the registration process. At the moment of registration an e-mail was sent to your adress so in case you have multiple e-mail accounts you can filter your mail inbox looking for “email@example.com” to find which one was used during the SDK registration.
- Log into your account in the Gestoos community website, and click on the icon on the upper-right corner of the website.
- Click on the option “Activation key” that appears in the dropdown menu.
- In the Activation key page, you will see your activation key, its expiration date and the list of computers where you have activated Gestoos.
- In order to renew your activation key, click on “Renew” and answer the survey. Please keep in mind you will be able to renew your activation key 7 days prior to the expiration date, the earliest.
- After renewal, you will be automatically redirected to the “Activation key” page, where you will see the updated expiration date for your activation key.
- Don’t forget you will need to re-activate the computers where you had installed Gestoos! In order to do that, you will need to download & install the Gestoos SDK Activation tool clicking on the “Activation tool” button you will also find in the same “Activation key” page.
GESTOOS SDK BUNDLE FOR ORBBEC
We recommend the Orbbec Astra family of depth sensors, you can find more information at http://www.orbbec3d.com. Also, you can look for other camera models that are compatible with the SDK.
- Orbbec Astra
- Asus Xtion
- Structure sensor
- Primesense Carmine
Please make sure the sensor drivers were correctly installed. In order to check this, you can open the Windows device manager (Press Win + R, then type “devmgmt.msc” and click OK) and check that the depth sensor is listed under “Image devices”.
You should place the sensor on top of a flat surface in such a way that the camera lens points to you frontally. Please have a look at the diagram below:
Also make sure there are no big objects between the depth sensor and you that may potentially occlude parts of your body.
If you have a newer Visual Studio version, you can try to open the Visual Studio solution files with it, and let Visual Studio upgrade them to the newest version. You might need to choose the “Visual Studio 2013 (v120)” value under the “Platform Toolset” option in the project general configuration.
If you don’t have Visual Studio, we encourage you to download it from Microsoft’s website (https://www.visualstudio.com/vs/community/). The community versions of Visual Studio are free.
If you prefer to use any other IDE, you will need to properly set your project configuration:
- Add the following to the additional include directories:
- Add the following to the additional library directories:
- Add the following as additional library dependencies:
The “$(GESTOOS_DIR)” environment variable points to the folder where you installed Gestoos.
Of course! However, you will need to configure your project so it can find the Gestoos package and the JNI libraries.
- We recommend you to download & install the Processing IDE (versions starting from 3.2.1) from https://processing.org/download/
- Follow the steps in the “Get started” section in order to setup Gestoos within the processing environment in your computer.
- In order to run the sample “GestoosDemoStaticGestures” you will also need to install a third-party library called “Minim”:
- Open Menu: Sketch->import library->add library
- Install “Minim”
Please make sure you placed the sensor in the correct way (see “How should I place the sensor?”).